Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sailors Creed

from Lex

I am a United States Sailor, and a Warrior first. I fight under the Red, White and Blue of my Fathers and descend from the line of Jones, Decatur and Perry. In my ears rings “I have not yet begun to fight” and “Don’t give up the ship”, and in my veins flows Fire and Gunpowder.

I will master my profession and demand that my fellow Sailors master theirs. I will follow when led, and lead when able. I will place nothing above the welfare of my fellow Sailors, save my Mission, and no matter what my ship, squadron, station or watch, I will help deliver Defeat to the Enemy.

With Honor in my deeds, Courage in my heart, and Commitment in my hands, I will do my duty until Victory is in hand and Liberty is secure.


Blah, blah, blah

"Damn the torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!"

Is more to the point.

No comments: